Huwebes, Disyembre 22, 2011

EVERMORE by Alyson Noel




PART I.

Reflect: 

              In this story I’ve learned that once you find your true love, the one that is really meant for you, you will make an effort to prove your unconditional love. Like in this story Damen sacrifice everything just to protect Ever, he’d done everything to keep her safe from the deceitful schemes and dark revenge of Drina, Damen’s wife. I think it was not right for Drina to put all her anger to Ever because of her jealousy. In the first place it was Damen who keeps on chasing Ever.

Connect: 

              Ever had two best friends a girl and a gay namely Haven and Miles. These two characters make me remember of my childhood friends. We used to hang out at the canteen during our break time and talk about anything, like who’s the hottest guy in our campus, family problems, projects, teachers etc. Also another connection I had in this story is that I always feel excited and anxious when preparing for a party like what Ever felt.

Question: 

              As I read this book I am really wondering why Damen is not contented to be a human being? Although the idea of being immortal is something that could really excite you as a person, still it won’t give you a lasting happiness. If Drina did not changed into being selfish and materialistic, would Damen still fall in love with Ever? Is it justifiable that Damen decided to bring back to life Ever if she did not want to?

Prediction: 

               I think what will happen next is there will be another character in the story specifically a male character who will destroy the perfect relationship of Ever and Damen. This male character would eventually fall in love to Ever and will try to kill Damen by all means.

PART II.
Damen: I was really mesmerized by his charm and I really admire his patience in finding Ever over and over again.

“I just enjoyed a taste for the good life. And yet, everytime I met you, I was willing to throw it all away, just to be near you.”
This quote is meaningful to me because it tells us that if a person truly loves someone he will give up everything just to be with that person.

Ever: I feel awful because she lost her family in just a second. If I were on her shoes, it would really be hard for me to recover from the guilt and pain of losing my family.

"Even though I really want her to stay, I've already robbed her of one life. I won't rob her of the afterlife too."

This quote means only one thing and that is to be brave enough to accept the fact that people, at some point of their life, have to be independent and have to make hard decisions like letting go of their loved one's.

Riley: I was touch by the love and concern Riley shows for her sister. It is not easy to decide whether to leave her sister alone or be with her family in heaven.

“When I decided to go all the way, well, that’s when it seemed like you needed me most. And I just couldn’t bear to leave you- I still can’t bear to leave you.”
This quote really marked on me because it tells us how siblings should love each other, that family comes first.

                                                                                                       








                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       -shiela-

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento